Lower Back Pain Treatment from Your Hawaii Chiropractor
Lower back pain is one of the most common musculoskeletal ailments experienced by people in Aiea and the surrounding communities. Whether you experience lower back pain occasionally or as a chronic problem, the professionals at Chiropractic Family Health Center can help. Our chiropractor, Dr. Paul Kurihara, uses all natural, gentle chiropractic treatments to help patients find the relief they seek for their lower back pain.
Causes of Lower Back Pain in Aiea, HI
There are many reasons that people experience lower back pain in Aiea. Some of the most common reasons that people experience this type of back pain include:
- Poor lifting techniques - Improper lifting of heavy loads can put a serious strain on the muscles and joints in the lower back. Poor lifting techniques can lead to injury and chronic pain, especially for patients who lift heavy loads as a part of their occupation.
- Herniated disc - A herniated disc is a disc in the back that’s been damaged. Herniated discs can cause pain, tingling, and numbness in the back.
- Overuse or muscle strain - People who engage in hard physical labor and who overwork their bodies while exercising or performing household tasks can experience lower back pain.
- Ergonomic troubles - Ergonomic troubles can cause chronic pain in the lower back, upper back, and neck.
Chiropractic Care for Back Pain Relief in Hawaii
As your chiropractor in Aiea, HI, we provide lower back pain using a variety of all natural chiropractic techniques. Some of the most common chiropractic treatments we provide to our patients include;
- Spinal adjustment - Spinal adjustment is the process of realigning the spine to relieve pressure on the spinal cord. Spinal adjustment helps improve communications between the brain and the rest of the body. This helps the body to heal and also provides instant relief from back pain.
- Stretches and exercises - We teach patients to do stretches and exercises that can help them improve their range of motion, balance, and coordination during the healing process. Stretches and exercises can also help patients develop muscles that can prevent back injuries.
- Lifestyle advice - Sometimes patients exacerbate their pain by engaging in everyday habits and behaviors that put a strain on the back. We teach our patients how to avoid doing damage to their back.
- Nutrition counseling - Obesity and weight problems can contribute to lower back pain by putting a strain on the muscles and ligaments of the back. Our nutrition counseling can help patients lose weight and maintain a healthy BMI.
Contact Your Hawaii Chiropractor in Aiea Today
As your chiropractor in Aiea HI, we help patients recover from lower back pain and avoid further injury. We treat pain at its source instead of masking the symptoms, so your pain will go away and stay away. To make an appointment, contact Chiropractic Family Health Center today at (808) 486-6696.