Many people aren’t aware of the role that subluxations and musculoskeletal problems play in headaches and migraines. At Chiropractic Family Health Center in Aiea, Hawaii, we want our patients to understand how subluxation can influence headaches and how chiropractic care can help.
Muscle Tightness Runs Up and Down the Spine
Subluxation cause muscle tightness in the neck and back that can cause pain to radiate upward into the scalp and create the sensation of a headache–even a migraine headache. There are many factors that can cause subluxation, including:
- Stress. Stress can cause the muscles in the body to become tense and painful. The headaches that result from this muscle tightness are often called “tension headaches.” Tension headaches can come and go as the body reacts to daily anxiety.
- Whiplash. Whiplash can create muscle stiffness that results in headaches, dizziness, insomnia and more.
- Injury. Muscle injury, from sports, accidents and over-exertion can cause short-term headaches. These headaches may go away when the muscles heal.
Chiropractic Care Ensures Headache Relief
Your chiropractor can provide chiropractic care to treat subluxations that cause migraine headaches. Your practitioner may use the following headache treatment tactics:
- Spinal adjustment. Chiropractors use spinal adjustment to re-align the vertebrae of the spine, relieve pressure on the muscles and joints of the body and reduce inflammation, thus resulting in fewer headaches.
- Stretches and exercises. Stretches and exercises can increase range of motion and loosen tight muscles after an injury. Over time, this can reduce pain from headaches.
- Lifestyle adjustment. Many chiropractors will recommend lifestyle adjustments to their patients so their patients can avoid problems in the future.
Contact Your Chiropractor in Pearl City
Headaches can reduce your quality of life. For subluxation treatment and recovery, call Chiropractic Family Health Center in Aiea, Hawaii. Our kind, caring staff will be happy to help you make an appointment. Call us today at (808) 486-6696.