HEADACHE & MIGRAINE TREATMENT IN AIEA, HI
Migraines and headaches can cause ongoing problems for children as well as adults. At Chiropractic Family Health Center in Aiea, we help patients manage pain from headaches. With all natural treatments, non-addictive medications and non-invasive techniques, we can help improve patient quality of life.
Headache & Migraine Causes Treated By Your Aiea Chiropractor
Headaches and migraines have a variety of causes. Understanding the reasons that headaches occur can help you put a stop to this problem. At Chiropractic Family Health Center, we consult with each patient to help them understand the cause behind their headaches. Some common causes of headaches include:
- Allergies – People who suffer from allergies may experience headaches either as a direct result of exposure to allergy triggers, or as a result of allergy-related congestion.
- Stress – Stress and anxiety can cause strain and tension in the muscles, leading to tension headaches.
- Poor posture – Poor posture causes pain in the neck and shoulders. This pain can radiate up into the head.
- Behavioral factors – Sometimes patients cause their own headaches by drinking red wine, skipping meals or skipping sleep.
- Sinus infections – Sinus infections can cause headaches as the result of pressure and congestion in the head.
Chiropractic Treatment for Migraines
Our chiropractor, Dr. Paul Kurihara, uses a variety of techniques to help patients manage their pain. Each patient is different, so Dr. Kurihara decides which methods to use on a case-by-case basis. Some of the most common techniques that Dr. Kurihara uses includes:
- Spinal adjustment – Dr. Kurihara uses this technique to restore balance to the spine. By realigning the vertebrae, Dr. Kurihara can help improve communication between the brain and the rest of the body. This improves the overall functioning of the central nervous system and helps the body perform at optimal levels. For patients who suffer from allergies, sinus infections and illnesses that cause headaches, spinal adjustment can help.
- Lifestyle advice – Many patients can prevent headaches by avoiding environmental triggers. Dr. Kurihara consults with each patient to discover the source of their headaches and help them avoid those problems in the future.
- Stretches and exercises – By strengthening the muscles and helping the patient build-up coordination, therapeutic stretches and exercises make it possible for patients to avoid injuries that can cause headaches.
- Nutrition counseling – Since certain foods and drinks can cause headaches, Dr. Kurihara helps patients determine which foods in their diet may be causing their headaches. This enables our patients to make changes accordingly.
Contact Your Chiropractor in Aiea for Natural Relief from Headaches
Headaches and migraines can reduce your quality of life. As your Pearl City chiropractor, we can provide you with headache relief to help you live better. Our offices are located in Aiea and are easily accessible from Waipahu. To get started with a consultation, contact us today.