If you’re one of the millions of Americans suffering from neck-related dysfunction, then you’ve probably spent a lot of time searching for safe and effective ways to get pain relief. At Chiropractic Family Health Center of Aiea, Hawaii, we help our patients find the relief they’re looking for using all natural and drug-free treatments that will leave you with less pain, more mobility, and a better ability to enjoy and participate in your daily life.
Neck Pain Treatment: Conditions Treated
Dr. Paul Kurihara has been serving the Pearl City and Aiea HI communities for years. In his clinical practice, he emphasizes the importance of proactive and preventative measures and therapeutic intervention to reduce your risk of developing a problem with your spine before it occurs. But, life happens. Neck pain is a common occurrence, and sometimes physical dysfunction does occur. The most common conditions affecting the neck seen by Dr. Kurihara include:
- Whiplash – a condition that causes a painful and stiff neck due to sudden forward and backward bending of the neck, typically seen after a car accident; whiplash can also cause headaches and dizziness
- Disc herniation – a condition in which the gel-like disc between bony vertebrae slips out of place, putting pressure on nearby spinal nerves, ligaments, and muscles
- Stiff neck or sore neck – a more general presentation of neck pain, often caused by muscle strain, poor body mechanics, stress, and work- or sports-related injuries
All of these are caused due to subluxations.
Chiropractic Care Provides Neck Pain Relief in Pearl City
If you have neck pain, your symptoms are only part of the whole picture–identifying and addressing the underlying cause of dysfunction is the most effective way to promote healing, restore health, and prevent any issues from becoming chronic or recurring. A chiropractor is skilled in the examination, evaluation, and treatment of both causes and symptoms of neck pain. Here are some specific therapeutic techniques you may receive when being treated for neck pain by your local Aiea chiropractor:
- Chiropractic adjustments and spinal manipulations – which realign the spine, reduce pain, promote tissue healing, and restore the normal mobility and energy flow of your central nervous system
- Corrective exercise prescription – which increase the strength, endurance, and healing of important muscles in your neck, shoulders, trunk, and pelvis
- Postural re-education and body mechanics training – which helps prevent unsafe or ineffective positions in work, sport, or life that could be contributing to neck pain
Struggling with a sore neck? Call Dr. Paul Kurihara today
You deserve to enjoy your life and enjoy paradise without constant pain. If you live locally to the Aiea or Pearl City areas and are looking for neck pain relief, call Dr. Kurihara of Chiropractic Family Health Center at (808) 320-1640 today to schedule an appointment. You’ll be glad you did!